January 2023 Newsletter
January 30, 2023
FROM KBFPC’S JANUARY 2023 COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
January has been full of new starts, colds and coughs, and just enough snow. This very full newsletter is sneaking into your inbox before the last day of the month because the new year has been busy here at KBFPC with the next stage of our Remote Services Pilot Project rollout underway, sexual health education happening at Homer High School with the Peer Educator team, and the arrival of our new clinic manager. KBFPC is not the only busy place – our communities are bustling with activity!
We are also staying abreast of the State Legislature happenings which is now back in session for 2023 and making decisions that will affect all of us. The Governor kicked off the session with a surprising State of the State address. You can read a response to his comments from our Medical Director, Dr. Holmes, published in the Sunday edition of the Anchorage Daily News. (click here for PDF)
Thank you all for the continued support of KBFPC and the REC Room. Your end of year donations, volunteer efforts, and advocacy are vital to our success. Please read on!
-Claudia Haines, CEO
ALSO INCLUDED IN JANUARY’S NEWSLETTER:
- Last chance for the Southern Kenai Peninsula’s ‘Perceptions of Health’ community survey
- Meet our new Clinic Manager, Sarah Cross!
- Due Feb 22: art submissions to the March HCOA exhibit Unto Ourselves: Radical Autonomy
- Have you seen our My Body, My Method series on Facebook and Instagram?
- The REC Room has game(s)
- Special postcard mailing to Seldovia, Nanwalek, and Port Graham residents
- In the News:
- Title X and Adolescent Rights
- Cervical Cancer is Preventable
- FDA Updates Mifepristone Regulations
- 2023 Alaska Legislative Session
Please click here to visit the full newsletter for more information, and to subscribe for future updates!