2023 Year-End Giving Campaign
November 28, 2023
Join KBFPC and support our efforts to keep comprehensive sexual & reproductive health and education accessible for all on the Kenai Peninsula!
2023 has been full of unexpected challenges and successes, and through it all our community’s steadfast and generous support has made a difference at Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic. As we approach the year’s end, we invite you to play a pivotal part in our Year-End fundraising campaign which will bring lasting impact well into 2024.
Over the past 40 years, KBFPC has provided reproductive health care, making positive changes in the lives of adults and teens in the Homer region. In 2023, with your help we increased the number of clients we cared for and the services we provide at our flagship Homer clinic as well as expanded our reach to support more communities on the Kenai Peninsula without access to low- and no-cost reproductive health and sexual health education.
In the same breath we navigated unprecedented summer rains which resulted in a flooded building and an unexpected, expensive capital project; the loss of major funding for our afterschool program; continuing political uncertainty around reproductive health; and increased expenses to our operations which fund essential agency services.
Despite these challenges, we remain committed more than ever to the idea that everyone deserves the right to receive quality healthcare, factual and neutral information, and the respect they need to make decisions about their bodies.
From now until December 31st, your financial support can help us reach our goal of raising $90,000 to ensure access to reproductive health services remains available to all on the Kenai Peninsula in 2024. Your donation is significant on its own to “keep our lights on” and as matching dollars required for state, federal, and foundation grants.
The essential services KBFPC provides include:
- A wide array of affordable birth control, including emergency contraception and our new vasectomy services, that fit each person’s unique needs.
- Annual wellness visits and pop-up mammogram events that help our clients and community members integrate early detection of breast and cervical cancer into their routines and save lives.
- Comprehensive sexual health education for teens, both in and out of school, so they have the medically accurate information, strategies for identifying and creating healthy relationships, and connection to positive adults they need to make important decisions as they grow.
- Confidential sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, testing, and treatment needed to reduce the growing rates of syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV in Alaska.
- Trusted reproductive health information for everyone, from adolescence through menopause.
Please consider making your gift today to ensure these and other vital health services remain available to all who live in the Homer area and on the entire Kenai Peninsula. Your contribution, no matter the size, will contribute to our commitment to being there for our neighbors when they need us the most.